Stephanie Shafran, who lives and writes in Western MA, enjoys an active membership in both Straw Dog Writers Guild and Florence Poets Society. In addition to her chapbook Awakening, Stephanie has published writings in a variety of anthologies, such as Straw Dog Writers Guild’s 2018 anthology Compass Roads: Poems About the Pioneer Valley. Journals that include Stephanie’s recent poetry include Earth’s Daughters, Persimmon Tree, and Silkworm. Her poem “After ‘Story’ by Richard Blanco” appears in the 2021 anthology A 21st Century Plague: Poetry from a Pandemic, edited by Elayne Clift.
- In 2019, Stephanie’s poem “After ‘Since Unfinished’ by Richard Blanco” won 3rd place in the Robert P. Collén Poetry Competition.
- Stephanie published Awakening in May of 2020.
- In 2020, her flash fiction story At the Lawyer’s Office was chosen as a semi-finalist in the River Styx Microfiction Contest.
- In 2021, her poem “Breathing Kindness” was chosen as one of ten finalists in the Second Beals Memorial Library Annual Prize for Poetry.
- In 2022, Stephanie’s poem “The Nightmare” appeared in the Forbes Library Hosmer Gallery Virtual Exhibit “Home.”